The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OMD ITPC Caption field

btrancho

I am new to Olympus cameras and find it annoying that they plug in "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" in the ITPC Caption field on all images in the OMD. If this isn't deleted manually it shows up automatically when posting photos to Flickr, Facebook, etc.

I've scoured the manual and see where I can add/modify creator and copyright info, but can find no way to eliminate this caption data. Am I stuck with this or have I missed something?

btrancho

When importing photos in Aperture you can choose to append or replace IPTC. Replacing should remove any other IPTC data.

Aperture 3 User Manual

This should be possible in other similar software as well.
Once imported, I can certainly select all in Lightroom and then edit the field. That's what I've started to do. I was hoping that I could eliminate that step (so that I don't have to remember to do it). This is the first digital camera I've owned that captions every shot without my permission. An annoyance - not a serious problem.