The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 Deals ...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A friend of mine picked up a G1 outfit with both lenses in the UK from Jessops Saturday and got a combo deal with 50% off the telephoto zoom for £714, a further 10% Jessops digital savings, new lower VAT rate plus a £50 rebate from Panasonic. I can almost see his grin from the US.

I haven't seen any deal this good in the US yet but I'm hopeful. To be honest, I'm mostly interested just for the Leica-M adapter actually but if there's a combo deal going ... I'll be all over it.

Terry

In the US the 45-200 isn't readily available. Amazon had it for about a day and Panasonic Direct doesn't have it. There is a thread on the Panasonic Forum at DPReveiw "How much did you pay for your G1" and the numbers are all over the place.

Martin S

The 45 - 200 mm lens seems to be a rare item here in the U.S.

No one seems to have it now.

Hmm, I wonder what is the problem with delivery???

Martin

monza

Seems accurate: http://tinyurl.com/5mwukq

The best deals for US buyers apparently are from Canadian ebay dealers offering 'buy it now', taking advantage of the exchange rate, and then using the live.com cashback thru ebay for another 30% off. And if you have an ebay coupon, another 10% off the sale price. Net $389!

V

Vivek

Seems accurate: http://tinyurl.com/5mwukq

The best deals for US buyers apparently are from Canadian ebay dealers offering 'buy it now', taking advantage of the exchange rate, and then using the live.com cashback thru ebay for another 30% off. And if you have an ebay coupon, another 10% off the sale price. Net $389!

I don't know nothing about money or economy.

Would someone explain to me where these cash backs are coming from and who is paying for them?!:bugeyes:

Does this 30% apply to big ticket items also? I would like to buy California.
(I play monopoly with my 8 year old). :ROTFL:

hilld

I don't know nothing about money or economy.

Would someone explain to me where these cash backs are coming from and who is paying for them?!:bugeyes:

If you truly "know nothing about money or economy" you would have no trouble being elected to political office in California. Save you having to buy it -- which is probably not a good idea.

jonoslack

I thought I heard in the news that California was bankrupt . . . . which should mean you can have it for nothing.

. . . . . do you have california in your Monopoly game? The best we had was Park Lane. Risk, now there is another matter!

V

Vivek

If you truly "know nothing about money or economy" you would have no trouble being elected to political office in California. Save you having to buy it -- which is probably not a good idea.

Now, you are exposing my ignorance on politics as well! :(

V

Vivek

I thought I heard in the news that California was bankrupt . . . . which should mean you can have it for nothing.

. . . . . do you have california in your Monopoly game? The best we had was Park Lane. Risk, now there is another matter!
Yeah, the great state of California and no "Hotel California"!:ROTFL:

monza

Unfortunately, Microsoft won't help you buy Kahl-ee-for-nee-uh. The max rebate is only $200. Arnold would have to post the state on a 'buy it now auction' as well. :)

Here is the info on the cashback offer: http://tinyurl.com/5domx7

rich s

Anyone looking for a G1 (with 14-45) kit in the UK might be interested in Jacob's In-Shop price of £400 (that's after a £50 cashback)

If you want the 2 lens kit, then its £500, (again after the £50 cashback)
- I gave in on Saturday and picked one up!