The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New DOT rules on flying with Li-Ion Batteries, 1 Jan 08.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What nonsense. Okay so 6 M8 batteries i can't put in my bag. How do you measure content in grams.

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
After reading all this crap, I'm going to need to start taking lithium! :thumbdown:

Thanks for the heads up John.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
It was based on a single incident which was not resolved and was not in carry on.

"The NTBS action came during a hearing today into an incident aboard a United Parcel Service cargo plane at Philadelphia International Airport early in 2006. The NTBS decision would end the long-standing exemption for small lithium-batteries from hazardous materials regulations. Despite its recommendation to remove the exception for small lithium-ion batteries, NTSB could not determine what caused the episode aboard the aircraft."

Full PRBA statement on the subject.