The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 question

JGH

Hi all, i have a question that i cannot find an answer to anywhere on the net and i am hoping some kind person will be able to help.
I am interested in the new X100s that is soon to be released and looking at reviews and posts about the X100 i cannot find any mention of being able to see a highlight warning on image previews. Does the x100 have this?
I currently have an Olympus E520 & E30 so have this feature which does help me when im placing highlights. If the highlight warning is not on this camera how are people finding its use and avoiding blown highlights?

Thanks J :salute:

woodyspedden

Hi all, i have a question that i cannot find an answer to anywhere on the net and i am hoping some kind person will be able to help.
I am interested in the new X100s that is soon to be released and looking at reviews and posts about the X100 i cannot find any mention of being able to see a highlight warning on image previews. Does the x100 have this?
I currently have an Olympus E520 & E30 so have this feature which does help me when im placing highlights. If the highlight warning is not on this camera how are people finding its use and avoiding blown highlights?

Thanks J :salute:
J

Dont think anyone has an X100S as yet but stay tuned.

Woody

JGH

If this feature is on the X100 im sure it will also be on the X100s which is why i thought i would ask here first. J.

tbhv55

a highlight warning on image previews. Does the x100 have this?
If you mean does it have a highlight warning on image reviews, then the answer is yes, it does... if you mean on previews, then no it doesn't. (BTW, I'm referring to the x100, not the x100s).

Hope this helps.

Maggie O

If the highlight warning is not on this camera how are people finding its use and avoiding blown highlights?
I habitually underexpose by 2/3 of a stop when using most digital cameras and this method works especially well with the X100 (and the digital Leicas, too).