The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 and Sony 100mm Macro tests

Quentin_Bargate

A nice bright morning seemed a good opportunity for a quick outdoor macro test and here are a few images taken with the A900/ Sony 100mm F2.8 macro combination.

Now, the dog wanted to come with me, but I thought better of it. Revenge for said mut (actually a beautiful black lab called Zoe) was sweet, for while I wandered around outside, she ate my 100mm Macro lens box :eek: (see results below). My fault I guess :D

All images were decoded from raw in Silkypix and tweaked in Photoshop CS3.

Quentin

T

TimF

Now, the dog wanted to come with me, but I thought better of it. Revenge for said mut (actually a beautiful black lab called Zoe) was sweet, for while I wandered around outside, she ate my 100mm Macro lens box :eek: (see results below). My fault I guess :D
Puppy still? Ours, when a puppy (and funnily enough also called Zoe - she's now 13 and-a-half) demolished a couple of kitchen chairs by chewing through the leg, so you got off relatively light I reckon. :D:ROTFL::bugeyes:

Nice shots. The more I see of the A900, the more interested I get.

Quentin_Bargate

Puppy still? Ours, when a puppy (and funnily enough also called Zoe - she's now 13 and-a-half) demolished a couple of kitchen chairs by chewing through the leg, so you got off relatively light I reckon. :D:ROTFL::bugeyes:

Nice shots. The more I see of the A900, the more interested I get.
Hi,

Well I guess 6 months is still a puppy. Beautiful animal, and she is just being playful, but so far she had demolished three pairs of my wife's boots, a pair of my expensive Italian shoes, a computer bag and an assortment of lesser objects :). We just never seem to learn :ROTFL:

and yes, the A900 thing is catching, isn't it?...

Quentin

V

Vivek

Quentin, These are nice!:)

Would you show some with the lens stopped down?

jonoslack

Quentin, These are nice!:)

Would you show some with the lens stopped down?
HI Vivek
When I heard that Quentin was going to buy this lens . . . I had to buy it too (sadly, when he buys a Leica S2 with a complete set of lenses I will have to bail out . . . you'll be okay I'm sure!

Stopped down a bit:

F5

and crop:

Quentin_Bargate

Hi there

Thanks. I will..when I have some:) And so long as the dog doesn't eat the lens first...:ROTFL:

Quentin

PS I see Jono has stepped up to the mark.

PPS Notice how you never see Jono and me in a room at the same time...we own very similar equipment...Kodak...Oly...Sony... Strange huh?:wtf::eek::ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Thanks, Jono for the samples! It still is nice, stopped down (the OOF).

S2? S2??:confused:

I am still shooting an F2 (true). :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Quentin, Thanks!

jonoslack

PPS Notice how you never see Jono and me in a room at the same time...we own very similar equipment...Kodak...Oly...Sony... Strange huh?:wtf::eek::ROTFL:
It's because he smells of bananas, and I never could get the hang of that smell.
I try very hard NEVER to be in the same room as someone who smells of bananas.

Quentin_Bargate

It's because he smells of bananas, and I never could get the hang of that smell.
I try very hard NEVER to be in the same room as someone who smells of bananas.
I thought it was you who smells of bananas?

Nice straight European ones, but bananas nonetheless.

Enough about bananas, I have to get up early for a meeting on a Euro200m project tomorrow, so to bed :lecture:

Quentin

jonoslack

I thought it was you who smells of bananas?

Nice straight European ones, but bananas nonetheless.
Of course - it must be that I don't like to be in the room with someone who doesn't smell of bananas!
Enough about bananas, I have to get up early for a meeting on a Euro200m project tomorrow, so to bed :lecture:

Quentin
Wot's Euro200m . . . . . .of course! I understand . . .you're entering for the 200 metres at the Olympics in 2012!

Congratulations!

and sleep well:sleep006:

V

Vivek

Leica S2

Your bank manager will be confused if you buy one . . . . . maybe not? But MY bank manager will be confused (and that's a polite way of putting it!) if I buy one!

You have a bank and that has a manager?! No, I have neither.

No thanks to S2. My F2 is still going great! :)

jonoslack

You have a bank and that has a manager?! No, I have neither.

No thanks to S2. My F2 is still going great! :)
My bank manager is called Sam, and she is extremely nice . . . as long as I don't go buying things like an S2!

I did die an F2, but it died on some concrete in Schinoussa.