The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

45-200 in the US

scho

Just did my routine check and found it back in stock through Amazon (17th street photo)...full price but I bit the bullet because who knows with Panny these days when they will have it in stock in enough places to see a price drop. They haven't even had it themselves yet (I get a discount at Panny Direct).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001ISKNKA/ref=nosim/6688861-20
Yes, but if you look at 17th st photo's page it shows backordered. Which is correct?
http://www.17photo.com/product.asp?id=HFS045200

Terry

Well,
Let's see if I get a shipping confirm from them. It was showing out of stock through Amazon until this AM. Not sure how 17th street handles the inventory between their website and amazon.

I will update when I know more.

Edit- you got me paranoid so I called them. I was told they have a tracking number from Panasonic and the lenses will be in on Wednesday and will ship right out. My Amazon order now that I look back at it shows a ship date of the 10th which only came up after the purchase. I'm fine with that timing and they were very reasonable on the phone.

Last edited:

scho

Well,
Let's see if I get a shipping confirm from them. It was showing out of stock through Amazon until this AM. Not sure how 17th street handles the inventory between their website and amazon.

I will update when I know more.

Edit- you got me paranoid so I called them. I was told they have a tracking number from Panasonic and the lenses will be in on Wednesday and will ship right out. My Amazon order now that I look back at it shows a ship date of the 10th which only came up after the purchase. I'm fine with that timing and they were very reasonable on the phone.
Sorry Terry, didn't mean to make you paranoid but I had a similar problem with amazon and a secondary vendor that resulted in a long backorder situation. Glad to hear that this was resolved OK for you. Look forward to seeing some of your pics with the 45-200.

Regards,
Carl

jonoslack

Just did my routine check and found it back in stock through Amazon (17th street photo)...full price but I bit the bullet because who knows with Panny these days when they will have it in stock in enough places to see a price drop. They haven't even had it themselves yet (I get a discount at Panny Direct).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001ISKNKA/ref=nosim/6688861-20
Good Luck Terry
I've not been overwhelmed with mine . . .but time has been almost as short as yours (we're only moving office 20 miles, but after 23 years in the same one, it's still kinda culture shock!).
I'll be intrigued as to how you get on.

In the meantime I have 2 days in Aberdeen - so I'll be taking the G1 with the kit lenses and see how I get on.

Terry

Just got tracking info that my lens shipped. So Kudos to 17th street photo. They were spot on with dates.

Terry

back alley

who owns this lens and do you think it's worth it?

i see them for sale on ebay now for not so much money.

joe

scho

I don't know how much sample variation there is with this lens, but my copy is very sharp.

Terry

i see them for sale on ebay now for not so much money.

joe
The only ones I've seen that have gone for less than retail have been from Prodigital which is coming from Canada and I believe has Canadian warranty.

I've had no time to test mine yet!

back alley

yes, prodigital. i just ordered one from them. 2 day ups delivery.
i'm in western canada and they are in eastern canada.

i hope my camera shows up before christmas.
joe