The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

looking for a pic of different sensor sizes

back alley

anyone know where i might find a photo or diagram of all the different sensors?

i'd like a visual idea of various sizes.

thanks.
joe

Diane B

I hadn't looked at his site for awhile, but checked this one out--probably because I still have this thing for FF shooting. I also have 2 1.6x crop factor bodies--and have thought about the 4/3rd sensor in relation to the FF--and the 1.6x. But--one of the things that really jumped out at me as I read the information was this about crop bodies---
"On the other hand, this also means that one is carrying a much larger lens than is necessary-- a factor particularly relevant to those carrying their camera for extended periods of time (see section below)".

That's why I was still looking for the right camera even after buying a used 400D this past summer for hiking, etc. (instead of my 5D). And--why the m4/3rds makes great sense for just this reason. My largest lenses for the G1 are the Oly 9-18 and the FD 135 f/2.8--both very small in comparison to even my small Canon EF primes.

Diane