The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Super High Grade vs High Grade vs Standard

Henry Goh

I'm not familiar with Olympus optics but I read on their web site they have various grades of lenses. Prices seem to be quite significantly different too.

My question is whether performance of these lenses are significantly different and are prices justifiable? Thank you.

wolverine

I have used the super high - 35-100 and 7-14, and the high grade - 14-54, 50-200, and 50 macro. The super high are excelent and their top of the line lenses. The 35-100 acts as a 70 - 200 on four thirds and you get f/2. A very nice lens. Loved the 7-14 for wide angle and it is very well corrected. The high grade lenses for the money are an excellent value. Not as good as the super high but very good none the less. I have heard the standard lenses are good too, but I have not used them.

wolverine

I really liked the 35-100. It had great bokeh and f/2 was wonderful. I played with the 150 but never bought it. It was sweet. I think you will enjoy them.