The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A900 casuaul portait

Quentin_Bargate

A shot of my PA, Elena, taken on a Sony A900, 85mm F1.4 Zeiss @F2, available light, with actual pixels eye crop, slightly sharpened in PS CS3.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That's very nice Quentin. Natural lighting captured beautifully and a very natural and comfortable expression on the attractive model. A good advert for the Sony too.

Quentin_Bargate

That's very nice Quentin. Natural lighting captured beautifully and a very natural and comfortable expression on the attractive model. A good advert for the Sony too.
Thanks for the kind feedback :thumbup: Colours from the Sony are first rate and I don't seem to have any back or front focusing issues with the 85 F1.4, so far as I can tell...and great Bokeh...

And Elena is a very patient model :toocool:

Original file was decoded from raw in SilkyPix

Quentin

Last edited:

jonoslack

Excellent Quentin . . . although I might have expected slightly sharper eyelashes.
Thanks for the kind feedback :thumbup: Colours from the Sony are first rate
Isn't it refreshing

I don't seem to have any back or front focusing issues with the 85 F1.4, so far as I can tell...
I've had to do a little adjustment on the focusing for a couple of lenses - but it's so easy to do, and I haven't detected any focus shift.

And Elena is a very patient model :toocool:
Hmmm - could that be because you're paying her?
. . . . . :ROTFL:

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Jono,

You back from your travels over xmas?

The shot was hand held at fairly slow shutter speed which must have taken the edge of just a little.

You're just being cynical about Elena being paid: Just because I said " pose or your fired" was purely coincidental :ROTFL: Actually she is a very kind hearted person. But perhaps the xmas bonus helped.... there is a serious purpose because I am doing all the "around the office" shots for our new firm brochure and wanted to try the A900 and 85mm out. Looks like that combo will be a winner. In fact the A900 generally is even better than I thought it would be (and I like using that portait grip!)

Look forward to seeing some more of your shots old chap.

Cheers

Quentin