The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Milich LTM adapter shots....

Terry

barjohn

Your location says New york city but that looks like the Oakland Bay Bridge from SF. What bridge is it?

The pictures look great with the lens. On the longer shot did you use a tripod?

Terry

I just moved to SF but I can still use TEBnewyork because I kept my NY apartment :grin:

So, yes it is the bay bridge from the outdoor patios at my new digs. All shots were handheld. I wasn't really thinking and at ISO400 I actually had to stop down a bit to not blow the exposure (I was maxed out at 1/4000). So, there should have been plenty of speed to combat some camera shake but it was very windy.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dammit... That 12 looks *very* good (and the shadows opened up pretty nicely too!) and here I was getting ready to lower the price on the one I have in the B&S. May need to rethink that one...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dammit... That 12 looks *very* good (and the shadows opened up pretty nicely too!) and here I was getting ready to lower the price on the one I have in the B&S. May need to rethink that one...
I agree a beautiful rendering...I prefer the first shot and would try fill at 10-15% then maybe curves to linear contrast to correct for the flattening of the picture. Very nice.

Jack, the 12 is a great lens for the price and on my list if I return to Leica silicon ... the G1 has great color and DR from what I am seeing. Wish they had a calibrated external optical VF.

Bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I hear you Bob --- It has been excellent on my M8 so no way it could suck on the smaller sensor of the G1. I will hang onto it now until a better AF wide prime solution comes along...

Terry

Yeah, I hear you Bob --- It has been excellent on my M8 so no way it could suck on the smaller sensor of the G1. I will hang onto it now until a better AF wide prime solution comes along...
Yeah Guy and I were perplexed when you put it up for sale and were buying the G1. Let's see what happens when the 7-14 f4 lens is released.