The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

unable to switch off tracking AF in Ai mode G1

peterv

Hi all,

now this has been going on for more than a week, and I'm reluctant to ask stupid questions, but I'm unable to switch off tracking AF in Ai mode on my G1.

I've been reading the manual over and over again, but haven't found a solution yet. Maybe I misunderstand, and switching off AF tracking is just not possible in Ai mode...

In all other modes I can change the AF setting to whatever I want. But in Ai there's always the sign 'AF Tracking' When I try to cancel with the left arrow, it says 'lock'. When I lock with the release button, this works OK, but after taking a picture, there's the AF Tracking sign again...

Is there a 'press twice' or 'press both buttons' method I have overlooked? Or an option somewhere burried in the menu?

BTW, I'm really happy with this camera:)

A

allan

When the camera is in iA mode and AF Tracking mode is currently selected, press the left arrow button twice to enter Face Detection AF mode. When there is no face to detect, it should automatically go into the 23-Area AF mode.

If all else fails, go into manual focus mode.