The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus Confirm adaptors for Oly E series

kevinparis

Anybody tried any of these out... was surfing ebay looking at Leica R lenses, and noticed adaptors with Focus confirm chips at around 50 dollars.

no idea what other lens types these are available for or whether they really work that well

any opinions welcome

K

Brian Mosley

Hi Kevin, I fitted a KatzEye focusing screen to my E-400, and the ME-1 magnifying eyepiece would help further... but I wouldn't trust these dandelion chips... Last time I looked, they were superglued into an adapter & liable to drop off with use.

In the end, if you're serious about using your legacy lenses then I'd have to recommed the G1 as the most practical solution.

Kind Regards

Brian

kevinparis

brian - thanks for that - kinda suspected it was a kludgy solution.... but would be interested to hear back on some real world experiences of them

May look into the katzeye solution... or maybe just shoot at f8 and hope for the best :)

G1 still intrigues... but will probably wait for what ever oly does....and then steal my other halfs leica lenses :)

cheers from a cold and frosty Paris