The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica 21 asph

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Just bought a used coded 21 asph from camerawest. If someone has one handy, show me a few images so I can see the fov...thanks

Terry

I was watching that one all week to see how long it would last after buying one the week before from KEH. Congratulations and Enjoy it. Sadly mine came and went off to NJ before I had a chance to shoot anything more than my messy apartment.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
She can borrow Guy's if hers isn't back...

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

hdrmd

MWalker: Here is a 21 mm shot from a place you will recognize. A very good lens, and I use without the external finder. I don't wear glasses and I use the full finder. It is very close, and with the instant re-play, it works. A good purchase, I would say. DR

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Keeland barn shot!! Lost many a dollar there but enjoyed the mint juleps.
Living in Western Ky I spend a lot of time outside so I think this will be a good focal length.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
She can borrow Guy's if hers isn't back...

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
I have her covered with Leica to get it done in time. If not she can use mine or a demo unit. There will be NO shortage of Leica glass in Moab that is for sure. Maybe to MANY lenses to be honest.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have her covered with Leica to get it done in time. If not she can use mine or a demo unit. There will be NO shortage of Leica glass in Moab that is for sure. Maybe to MANY lenses to be honest.
I was joking with you, volunteering your 21 instead of mine :D Of course we will have a bunch of M glass available at the workshop, and Terry is more than welcome to borrow mine if she needs it ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Too much glass?
Guy, did I hear you say too many lenses?
I think I will take an aspirin and lie down.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well between Jack and Me plus Leica with Linda and Jim being there with there FULL demo kit . We could almost open a retail shop. LOL

That is not counting you guys. Holy Moly we may have more glass than Solms.:ROTFL:

Terry

I feel so well taken care of. LOL, I also have my original CV21 which I know is a good copy because Sean tested it as a follow up to his review of 21's

D

Digital Dude

I was watching that one all week to see how long it would last after buying one the week before from KEH. Congratulations and Enjoy it. Sadly mine came and went off to NJ before I had a chance to shoot anything more than my messy apartment.
Was your 21-Elmarit new or second hand? I'm just curious because I’m in the market for one. Who is "KEH" anyway?
Regards,

Terry

Was your 21-Elmarit new or second hand? I'm just curious because I’m in the market for one. Who is "KEH" anyway?
Regards,
Mine was used. I got nervous as the lens was slated to go up by $400 on this price increase (Jan '08) and was going to get a new one before the increase. Decided to check around for used before making the purchase and much to my surprise I found three. Two were at Photo Village in NY one coded and one uncoded and then one at KEH. KEH.com is a good dealer for used Leica equipment. Their grading of used lenses is accurate to a bit conservative and their prices are fair. After my purchase another used one popped up in the inventory at Camerawest but has since been purchased by another forum member (same price). Photo Village may still have their two but they were priced very significantly above what I paid ($500 more) and mine was listed as E+ condition.

carstenw

Does anyone have a picture or two of the CV21 next to either of the two recent Leica 21 Elmarits? I am still wondering if I need that extra stop, at great extra cost. It isn't a focal length I use a lot, but I would like to have it.

carstenw

Whoa! Is that that CV21M or the screw-mount? It looks like the M... Thanks for the pics! That helps decide, I think :)