The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Different copal shutters?

Hello guys,

could ther be different copal shutters. Both N0 and similar build year. Both looks very similar. But:

Iif i screw in the front lens element there is a small height of 1mm. The front lens prss on that height and you could not change the time on the shutter.The lens press on that height. Could i change that height?

Thank you.
regards
Mueller

RodK

The interior of shutter stayed the same, but externally a lens manufacturer could specify a different front, plastic fascia ring to keep clean on a particular lens.
I think you may be running into a snap out fascia ring.
But remember that shutters and lenses varied so you may not get great results by screwing your glass into a new or different shutter. It may need adjustment on a columnator.
Rod

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your Info.

@all:
I have the info, that Nikon lenses have a special copal shutter. The plates for the time and aperature could not be changed. They are printed on the housing.

mueller