The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 lens firmware update help?

B

Bhakti-rider

I could use some help from someone who's pioneered this. I've successfully upgraded the camera's firmware to v1.1, but I'm not seeing the behavior the web site describes when I try to do the lens. I downloaded the lens firmware to the card in the reader, in the same way in which I did the camera firmware. But when I put the card in the camera, turn it on, and press play, instead of getting any version update screen, I only get a message saying NO VALID PICTURE TO PLAY.

It's undoubtedly something I did wrong, but I can't for the life of me see it. Would someone help me out, please?

simonclivehughes

If you're talking about the kit lens(es), there is no 1.1 update. It is for the body only. The lens updates on the site are for other lenses.

Cheers,

B

Bhakti-rider

Thanks, Simon; that's a relief. But the site sure misled me!

Martin S

I had the same problem x 3.

Finally I read the upgrade directions completely. It turns out that IF the lens, or body already has the latest firmware, the camera will not do anything associated with firmware. It will say, no valid picture to play (since there isn't one on the recently formatted SD card).

Also, the battery needs to be fully charged.

Wouldn't it be better for the camera to tell u that the current firmware is the same as the the (new) firmware on the SD card. and so it could not be updated????

Instead of no valid picture to play!!

It took me a while to figure this out. (By reading the directions again).

Martin