The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Grade 5 paper?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I'm thinking about doing some wet darkroom printing and started looking for papers. In the past my two favorites were Agfa grades 4 and 5. I don't see at Freestyle any grade 5.

Does anyone make any papers today with the brillant white and glossy backs that Agfa had in '70's?

C

carbonmetrictree

Freestyle does have their "version" of Agfa's 111 VC, but I haven't see anything in a very long time for a grade 5, even on ebay. I lucked out getting a few boxes of Record Rapid #3 and about 10 boxes of the actual Agfa 111 on eBay.

My best guess would be to constantly check eBay, there's really no where else that I could find really good papers at this point.

I'm thinking about doing some wet darkroom printing and started looking for papers. In the past my two favorites were Agfa grades 4 and 5. I don't see at Freestyle any grade 5.

Does anyone make any papers today with the brillant white and glossy backs that Agfa had in '70's?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Thanks I'll start checking eBay. Last night I was looking a some prints I had made over 30 years ago and they were as crisp as the day they were printed. I won't even dream of finding any grade 6....