The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 dealing with snow!

dhsimmonds

Snow in Hampshire, whatever next! Heaviest snowfall in 20 years in the south of England so an opportunity to find out how the A900 deals with it. The DR of this camera continues to astound me. All processed from full RAW in C1.4 needing minimum of adjustments to WB and exposure. Great!

First is our ancient village church, only the second in England with a wooden bell tower........the village were unable to afford stone or flint when the Archbishop insisted that all churches had bell towers to call the reluctant villagers to worship! Circa 900AD originally.

A close up with the 24-70 just to see how close I could go and resolve the snow crystals.......the 135Mb tiff is just great.....handheld as are all of them.

Last is a typical village thatched cottage, all within 5 minutes of where I live, so no car to worry about!

I really like this camera so must quickly add to the lens collection!:thumbs:

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

Great stuff, Dave

I too popped out for a few moments, being unable to get to work due to snow. Here are a couple from North Essex, just outside my house (seen in the background of the second image)

All hand-held with 24-70mm Zeiss.

Quentin

G

gtmerideth

Wonderful shots, Dave.

I share your enthusiasm. Having a tool that satisfies your application
is pleasure.

gary