The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best free Photoshop tutorial?

Rawfa

I'm not sure this should go here or else where, so mods feel free to relocate my post.

I was "googling" free photoshop tutorials and there are thousands of them. I was wondering if you guys can advise on specific ones that are above average. I'm more interested in color correction, composition, grading, etc...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You're right, there are thousands of sites with free PS tutorials. Personally, If I want some help I usually start with Adobe, then Kelby Training (not free), NAPP (not free) and then a bunch of individual experts. Actually GetDPI is an excellent resource for specific, targeted questions. Folks here are very willing to share and that includes our hosts who also run workshops. Very generous of them methinks.

But here's one resource that does have a lot of free content and some that's reserved for members (alumni): http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/ Poke around in the downloads section for some good stuff on the basics of things like masking and color correction. All of it aimed at photographers.

Good luck and enjoy the power of PS!