The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New website--Looking for feedback

D

DougDolde

The text is not scalable in my browser (Safari) and is a bit too small.

Also, I have to agree on the price comment above. Let us know if anyone actually buys even one print at these absurd prices.

kevinparis

won't make any comments on your photography or your pricing.. but as for your website

1) more images on the opening page
2) Tell more of a story of where these pictures were taken and how their 'beauty' can enhance your customers life
3) kill the cheesy link to the golf swing website - it does you no favours credibility wise... also you can always reduce a price.. but raising it is harder... free is always a mark of desparation...
4) don't talk about the equipment... its the pictures that count

just my thoughts

good luck in this climate

K

BlasR

The photos are really small to enjoy it.

A list the work shop is free, well some one need to spend around $32,000.00
to get it.

Good Luck

BlasR

Lars

I opened the gallery page in IE7 on Vista (64-bit). There is something wrong with that page, the page is extremely sluggish, far beyond the point of being unusable - it takes several seconds to scroll even a few pixels, and the browser eats CPU cycles.

atufte

Have just published my new website http://www.photographica.us

I specialize in large scale fine art landscape photography.

Appreciate any feedback and comments.

Thanks.
Which planet are you from...?

With this average "snaps" of nature and "out of this world" prices, you
can actually buy higher quality nature images for a few dollars from any stock agency...

Wake up and smell the concrete...!

But, thanks anyway, it made my day :sleep006::wtf::clap:

Lars

Considering the size of the prints, I'd say the pricing might not be totally off the chart. I'm sure the person behind the site has done the market research. Once you get into mural-size prints the target market is public display like corporate lobbys, a market with a completely different price sensitivity.

Also, with huge prints displayed so they can be studied closely, detail becomes more important and overall composition less important. So while an image might not work on the web, it can look fantastic as a 40x60". I've seen it with some of my own 8x10's, you have to go large to fully appreciate them, to get that immersive experience.

BlasR

Considering the size of the prints, I'd say the pricing might not be totally off the chart. I'm sure the person behind the site has done the market research. Once you get into mural-size prints the target market is public display like corporate lobbys, a market with a completely different price sensitivity.

Also, with huge prints displayed so they can be studied closely, detail becomes more important and overall composition less important. So while an image might not work on the web, it can look fantastic as a 40x60". I've seen it with some of my own 8x10's, you have to go large to fully appreciate them, to get that immersive experience.

Lars,

You have beautiful work, on your website

BlasR