The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

jonoslack

Hi there
Well, everybody else has their thread, so we should too.
Let's have whatever is turning you on with your Sony.

here are a couple of recent pieces of plastic

Now let's see if we can match the 70 pages of the M8 thread!

deepdiver

OK..!! here are some pics from me :p
taken last sunday
using Zeiss 85/1.4 and Zeiss 145/1.8

From Zeiss 135/1.8

Andree :D

jonoslack

Edward - please don't tempt me to an indiscretion . . . I've managed to avoid both the 135's, but it's very very difficult!

David - that is beautiful - really fabulous.

jonoslack

Okay
I've been going through my photos for January this evening, and these are a few which tickled my fancy.

Arthur's old barn (24-70 Zeiss)

and another view:

Sheila's old Stop Watch (24-70 Zeiss)

Waterlogged: (70-300 G)

Up to date gear (24-70 Zeiss)

Supper Time (100mm f2.8 macro)

Quentin_Bargate

A Zeiss Macro would be super. the Sony G 100mm Macro is adequate, but it does have limitations compared to, say, my the Mamiya 120mm Macro used on the ZD- it's not quite as sharp and it has more CA being two examples. I can live with the Sony macro as its a decent if unexceptional lens but I'd like a Zeiss better - and 200mm would mimic MF because of shallower DOF. I wonder what it might cost....???

I agree with Jono about your shot, David, being excellent, as is Edwards Jewelery shot for different reasons

Also Jono your usual great range of atmospheric shots...

edwardkaraa

Edward - please don't tempt me to an indiscretion . . . I've managed to avoid both the 135's, but it's very very difficult!

David - that is beautiful - really fabulous.
Well, it would be money well spent. I think the 135 is becoming a classic. If I had to chose, I would pick it up over the 85, even though I love both and the 85 is sharper.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful photos everybody. I have a question: how is the 135/1.8 with regards to CA in high contrast, OOF areas?

Oh, and one more thing: Edward, what material did you use as background for the jewelry shots? Black acrylic?

edwardkaraa

Hello Mr. Jorgen! Nice to see you here! How's the weather in Samut Prakan? :)

I haven't noticed yet any CA in OOF areas but most of photos were taken with soft light, so maybe the conditions were not CA inducive. However, for jewelry shots, at f/16 and lens' MFD, I have seen noticeable CA from the C/R variety. My old 100mm Makro-Planar didn't show any, but the 135 is not a macro lens, so it can be forgiven for this I guess. Jewelry is usually very high contrast due to the reflective quality of the material.

As for the background, you guessed it right. It is black acrylic backlit with a soft box.

Cheers,
Edward

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Khun Edward.

The weather in Samut Prakan is obviously perfect, as anything else in Thailand :ROTFL:

Didn't we talk about meeting, once upon a time in the age of Miranda? We must do something about that one of these days...

edwardkaraa

Thanks, Khun Edward.

The weather in Samut Prakan is obviously perfect, as anything else in Thailand :ROTFL:

Didn't we talk about meeting, once upon a time in the age of Miranda? We must do something about that one of these days...
Khun Jorgen (with a falling tone on the last syllable :D)

Definitely we should meet before this current life is over, who knows maybe in next life we won't be photographers :D Since you're the one living out of town, just give me a ring whenever you are in Bangkok and we can quickly arrange for something. In these days of economical nightmare, I do have a lot of free time on my hands.