The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Great macro lenses with A900 mount

benroy

Subscriber Member
Macromaniacs shouldn't have to look too far to find two really sharp and well built macro lenses. The Sigma 70/2.8 and the Sigma 180/3.5 are available in A900 mounts at Tri-State and Adorama. Prices run around $399 for the 70 and $800+ for the 180. Strangely, the 150/2.8 (my favorite) is not available in the Sony mount.

I've used both of these lenses in Canon or Nikon mounts...they are marvelously sharp and I would highly recommend them.

Roy Benson ([email protected])

G

Goldencode

I bought the Minolta 100 f2.8 Macro...still available re-badged as Sony.
Best Bokeh and razor sharp.

edwardkaraa

+1 for the Sony Minolta 100mm f/2.8. Why should one look for alternative glass when one such great lens is available. I do not own one for only one reason, I'm still waiting for a rumoured Zeiss 200mm f/2? macro. Otherwise, this lens would be my first choice. I have seen MTF charts by an independent tester and results are impressive. Possibly the sharpest non Zeiss lens in the Sony line.