The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Home is where the Heart is

jonoslack

Some pictures with the A900 and Zeiss 24-70:

just some things on the dresser:

Organisation . . . but not mine:

That shady corner - you never know what you'll find

Oh yes . . . .and here is the heart :ROTFL::eek::ROTFL:

Sorry (this one taken with the 100mm macro)!

HansAlbert

Jono,
your lovely shots "Home is where the Heart is" remind me of some photos from my sitting room. As I am still dreaming of an A900 I took them with my trusty R1. This camera turned out to be a good buy for me; it has revived my buried teenage love for photography, and in the three years I've had it, I never had any issues.

(1) presents from far-away friends keep memories alive

(2) "Truth is beauty and beauty truth" (John Keats' "Ode on a Grecian Urn") – but, alas, in real life beauty is transitory.

(3) amor at heart (Manesse manuscript)

Knorp

These are excellent and pleasing pictures Hans Albert, especially the vase is an eye catcher.Seems the R1 still does a good job !

Kind regards.

Knorp

Oh yes . . . .and here is the heart :ROTFL::eek::ROTFL:

Sorry (this one taken with the 100mm macro)!

Hello Jono,
perhaps your mentioning of 'leak' distracted me of your truly remarkable imagination, creativity and keen eye here. I think it's well seen and well executed ! :salute:
To tell you the truth I bougth four 'hearts' yesterday and gave my 100mm macro a try.
Though I'm happy with the results my macro set-up forces me to get really close and therefore the composition became a bit tight. For obvious reasons I took an orange heart ... :eek:

All the best.

jonoslack

Hi Bart
Well, technically you take the biscuit . . . but I think that John Carpenter would have preferred mine (or Mr Hiscock come to that!).

Hans - Your pictures are indeed Homely and have much more serious intent than my rather frivolous and jokey shots.

Incidentally, anyone who knows who painted the picture in the first shot (with the feather), get's a prize (not the picture though!)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Let's congratulate all three of us :)

I've been looking at your LX3 shots - lovely - maybe we should all live near bath . . .

But what's happened to your Large Format Photography
Indeed Jono, I certainly congratulate you on having such a lovely piece of wood hanging on the wall.:)

It is indeed beautiful around these parts- but then so are your flatlands.

Large Format too much like hard work these days. I didn't use it much as an instrument of pleasure, mainly it was a tool for earning money. Maybe I should think about finding the old Gandolfi camera a better home!

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

jonoslack

Indeed Jono, I certainly congratulate you on having such a lovely piece of wood hanging on the wall.:)
Thank you!
My father was a doctor in St Ives from the late 40's onwards, and although he just missed meeting Alfred Wallis, he was friends with lots of the StIves artists, and he acquired a few paintings.

It is indeed beautiful around these parts- but then so are your flatlands.

Large Format too much like hard work these days. I didn't use it much as an instrument of pleasure, mainly it was a tool for earning money. Maybe I should think about finding the old Gandolfi camera a better home!

Cheers,
Gandolfi.
I've never shot it . . . but I don't think I'd find it much of a pleasure either. Carrying the A900 around with a few lenses is quite enough. Anyway, give me a tripod and I quickly lose the will to live!