The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Post

ryc

Hope this does not come across trollish. But I was looking for Alpha 900 info and ran across this site. I just recently purchased one. I was so excited that I started a forum just for the Alpha at www.alphacameraforum.com

I hope to learn here as well as there and look forward to posting in both places.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, that's cool and welcome.
But, if you are a troll, you will be beaten about the head and shoulders with a blunt object, something like an arca cube mounted on top of a Gitzo 3 series XL studex tripod, if you get my drift. :)
-bob

douglasf13

Don't do it, Bob! My Gitzo mysteriously broke at the leg joint recently from just opening it! LOL. I had to use my pos Amvina backup with the A900 today. Any idea on how to deal with repairs and Gitzo?

ryc

Thanks. No troll. just excited to see other alpha 900 users.

The optics are what drew me to the camera. A marriage of Beauty and the Beast. The beast being the A900 :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Don't do it, Bob! My Gitzo mysteriously broke at the leg joint recently from just opening it! LOL. I had to use my pos Amvina backup with the A900 today. Any idea on how to deal with repairs and Gitzo?
I don't know what went wrong with yours.
Mine has served me well for years on the Brooklyn Waterfront.
Maybe it is the technique?
You have to hold it low on the legs and swing from the shoulder. :ROTFL:
Meanwhile, you might try calling boganphotoimaging. They have been pretty responsive for me and they didn't ask any questions.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. No troll. just excited to see other alpha 900 users.

The optics are what drew me to the camera. A marriage of Beauty and the Beast. The beast being the A900 :)

Show us some pictures from the beast!
There are a lot of happy Alpha900 users here.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jorge,
Not bad!
have you thought about toning down the bright sleeve and brightening the hand and glass just a tad?
-bob

Terry

I thought Gitzos had a lifetime warranty.