The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help! My A900 won't auto focus anymore.

K

kelvin

My A900 just quite auto forcusing. Tried different lenses, none of them will auto focus now. What should I do? Never had any of my cameras broken like this before.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
If it is too late for a dealer swap, call Sony Service.
There are several here wondering how their service program performs.
-bob

N

nautilus

Too bad.
You didn't write what you have already tried. So some possible solutions that may sound simple.
1. contact problem at the bayonett. maybe try cleaning the camera's contacts at the bayonett
2. there are two buttons for AF/MF switch. First at the back site (DMF function). Second at the front left side. Control if you've changed their settings unintentional.

Works everything else in Manual focus mode?

douglasf13

Just to be safe, make sure you didn't bump the focus dial on the front of the camera, and make sure you didn't accidentally unlink AF from the shutter in the menus.

K

kelvin

I bought that from Willoughby's in January, I guess I'll have to contact them first.
I did check every setting and the auto focus will just click but no focus motion of the lenses. I also double check by putting the lenses on my Minolta 7D, they work just fine.

K

kelvin

Thanks to Fuzzphoto at the Dyxum site, I did a complete system reset and it worked!
Thank you everyone for helping.