The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canadian Rockies - Banff and Jasper National Parks

fotoism

I will be in the title national parks in late June this year for a week for the first time of my life, so I need advice from anyone who has been there before, Canadian or otherwise! :)

First and foremost I need to know the good spots to take pictures. Not the average tourist pools but a little out of the way is okay, although I am not planning on trekking in the wilderness for hours.

Other advice I am seeking include lodging, car rental, food, shopping, weather, and clothing...etc. Anything you can think of is welcome.

I will be flying into Calgary.

TIA.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Last time I went a few years back I rented an RV from Calgary and drove the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper.

I picked up Darwin Wigget's Photographing The Canadian Rockies eBook, although he seems to have broken it down further now to sub books. See http://www.darwinwiggett.com/ebooks/