The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Petition Zeiss for more ZS lenses

surfotog

Now that custom, chipped M-42 to Alpha adapters are available, I encourage all those who would like to use the Zeiss MF lenses on their A900 to write to Zeiss and ask that they offer all MF lenses in ZS mount. I have found Zeiss to be very responsive. Please email Richard Schleuning, Zeiss USA rep at, [email protected].
I know this is a longshot, as Zeiss and Sony may have an agreement to limit the number of third party lenses available to Alpha users, but it can't hurt to try.

Scott

surfotog

I emailed Richard at Zeiss and he said "... We are also not interested in promoting another product line which competes with the Zeiss ZA or Sony lenses, particularly since Sony is a partner of Carl Zeiss."
Pretty much what I expected to hear. Now, Zeiss & Sony, get off your duff and give us a 180/200mm APO macro, and a couple of wide primes!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I think I would prefer to have them as ZA autofocus lenses with SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor). That would most likely make me jump ship.

Last edited:

edwardkaraa

I wouldn't want to use anything with an adapter, having just come out from Contax/EOS adapter hell. The ZS line has a very annoying focusing ring that turns the wrong way too ;) I would either like to have more ZA lenses ideally, or if this doesn't happen within let's say a year, complement the gaps with a Canon body and matching ZE lenses (that don't exist yet :D)

douglasf13

The problem is that there is no common thread between the ZA and ZF/ZE/ZS lines, so there is no telling what is being planned for the line. Even the 85mm lenses are different. I'd love it if more ZS was available, personally.