The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

crab(dead)fuji f20

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
The strong diagonals in the top half of the image draw the eyes away from what you want the focus to be. I would at least crop off the top half. To make an image work with the point of the viewer's focus at the very bottom, one needs very strong lines to carry the viewer's eye down. You just don't have that here.

N

nei1

I just find it such a relief to get away from all that" bokeh" that I really love that crab!without it dont give a monkeys.

youre quite right of course john,.....what a great quote by the way,...dreams stuff is made of,thanks.......nei1.

PeterA

Leave the shot alone - it works - the top out of focus provides a nice visual counterpoint in the shot. Crop it and all you have is another crab on the beach shot. i woudl have liked to see some more space on teh bottom is the observation i woudl make.

jonoslack

I'm with Peter
nothing wrong with the interesting composition . .. not sure about the dodgy digital stuff at the top though.

As Marc says - let's eat it!