The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

And one with the A900 / Zeiss F1.4

edwardkaraa

Very nice Quentin! Imho, this is currently the sharpest 85mm around. I used to think my Contax was very sharp from f/2.8 but this lens keeps on amazing me. It's brutally sharp from f/1.4.

Quentin_Bargate

I think you are right, Edward, but I did like my Nikkor 85mm F1.4 when I was a Nikon man, and now I want the Zeiss 135 F1.8 for the A900. It will give me a bit more space for portraits. Not cheap though, but then quality rarely is.

Quentin

D

ddk

The more I see from this camera and associated zeiss glass, the more impressed I am, just wish that there were a few more cz primes for the system, like the range of zf lenses they have for nikon.

Quentin_Bargate

The more I see from this camera and associated zeiss glass, the more impressed I am, just wish that there were a few more cz primes for the system, like the range of zf lenses they have for nikon.
David,

I think your comments reflect the views of many - and that includes me, as I fell under the A900 spell not long after I saw a few shots taken by Jono, who (along with his charming wife, Emma) is quite a long time friend and with whom I seem share a similar taste in photo equipment.

Resistance is futile :ROTFL:

Quentin

D

ddk

David,

I think your comments reflect the views of many - and that includes me, as I fell under the A900 spell not long after I saw a few shots taken by Jono, who (along with his charming wife, Emma) is quite a long time friend and with whom I seem share a similar taste in photo equipment.

Resistance is futile :ROTFL:

Quentin
Trust me I don't even have one resisting bone when it comes to these things. Jono seduced me with his first round of posts and I did go out to buy one when I found out about the lens situation. I'm zoom challenged and Sony doesn't have any Zeiss primes in the 14mm to 50mm which is my main shooting range. In my case a system change constitutes at least 3 bodies and one underwater housing to begin with, the investment doesn't make sense without the glass and I'm not interested in old Minoltas which I know nothing about.