The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Prayers answered: Zeiss makro for Sony!

douglasf13

Yeah, these have been available in prototype form for a while. Did you see the price? $12,000 for all three lenses, and that's after a 10% discount for buying the set! Ouch.

edwardkaraa

Well, the price for the 120 makro is 3249 euros. Not exactly cheap, but taking into consideration the amazing T/S abilities and the handicraft involved, I think it will be worth the money. I'm not buying it anytime soon because it is not a true makro (only 0.25X) and I still didn't loose hope the long awaited ZA Makro will be coming sometime in the not too far future.

picman

... and I still didn't loose hope the long awaited ZA Makro will be coming sometime in the not too far future.
Hi edwardkaraa, do you have any reference as to this rumor? Sure would be great if they came out with in in the summer. There was a rumor that Sony would come out with FF goodies at that time.

Cheers, Bob.

edwardkaraa

Hi Bob,

This is from a rumour website that I found on DPR sometime ago. We have not had any news ever since but the rumours/leaks sounded quite logical with a Zeiss 24/1.4 and a Makro 200/? Probably the bad economy and Sony's attempts at promoting its own G line have delayed this, but I still keep my hopes.

jdbfreeheel

There are a few, what I would assume are proto-type, non-Zeiss certified, of these lenses for sale on Ebay. Not sure what the quality might demonstrate, but prices are much less than these, as listed on the Hartblei website.

-Josh

douglasf13

There are a few, what I would assume are proto-type, non-Zeiss certified, of these lenses for sale on Ebay. Not sure what the quality might demonstrate, but prices are much less than these, as listed on the Hartblei website.

-Josh
What you're probably seeing is the old version of the Hartbleis (similar to Arax, I believe.) Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Hartblei has had 3 recent lines of lenses. First there were the standard Hartbleis, that were rather cheap and perform "ok." Then they released the expensive prototypes with Zeiss lenses, and now they have the official Zeiss/Hartblei lenses. The first group was rather cheap, and the second two are outrageously expensive. I don't think the cheap Hartbleis would be a great idea on the A900.

carstenw

Well, it all depends. I haven't read any reports on the IQ of the new lenses, but the prototypes which have been sold meanwhile have been tested in the MF forum, and have fallen far short of the original Hartbleis so far. They appear to have some issues to sort out before final production.