The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Site flash sequences

PeterA

I enjoyed the concept of the flash 'story' posted on the new site - however I must say I am at a loss to understand if the connection between the stories presented and the products the company wishes to sell is compelling enough.

As an aside, I thought it was funny how the guy without he M8 and Noctilux couldn't even hold the camera level in his posed shot...this was a big editorial 'miss' in my opinion - denigrating real life users because the mannequin using teh camera cant even hold it properly...

it made me worry about the company's execution the thoughts are good - but at times, too many slip ups in details perhaps..

Still it is a giant leap forward as far as I am concerned for Leica to try and appeal to a broader audience...compared to typical dry technical mumbo jumbo marketing we get from typical camera company marketing ideas - I think the story idea has a lot of merit...

Interesting too how the sport optics company seems to have been included ..