The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD II in Serbia

S

studio67

First pictures taken with my GRD II

i love this camera..

kai.e.g.

I love the old phone in the first shot. That whole picture really captures this man's working environment in a way that tells a story. The photo of the locker with the retro "naughty" playing cards on it is an interesting composition - really nice textures on the door itself, too. It's hard for me to see past the Ratko Mladic fan's enthusiasm for his thuggish hero, so I'll just say his hair looks sharp.

E

ellemand

Hey studio67.
Very nice pictures - it seemed to be a good trip?
I don't know if you are into it - but I would like to see theese shots in B/W.
What do you say? I think they deserves it.

Best wishes.
Ellemand
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellemand/

W

wbrandsma

Thanks for sharing. From the perspective of documentairy photography these are excellent photographs. And I agree with Ellemand that these photos would be great in B&W too.

Lili

Wouters and Ellemand have a good idea, these are strong images, B&W would give them more impact.
IMHO, that is ;)

S

Sun

Ya nice shots.. did you PP (post process)?
The colors seem nice and vibrant..

Maggie O

Fantastic photos! I like them in color. IMO, you would lose something in B&W with most of them.

If I were going to do anything, I might bring down either the vibrance or saturation of the colors a wee bit, but that's just my personal preference.

PS: I love that phone, too.

S

studio67

Ya nice shots.. did you PP (post process)?
The colors seem nice and vibrant..
Yes i PP them in lightroom, but not much, just a litle..
i found the ricoh GRD II like a "fuji NPH film", i like the colors...

S

studio67

Hey studio67.
Very nice pictures - it seemed to be a good trip?
I don't know if you are into it - but I would like to see theese shots in B/W.
What do you say? I think they deserves it.

Best wishes.
Ellemand
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellemand/
thanks,

i have photographed a lot with B&W films before with Tri-X, russian films,
T-max and developed my own films and photo's in my darkroom with short times and warm water to get more a explosive noise.. now with the digital darkrooms i prefer to work in color. B&W brings sometimes more emotions to the upper-layer from the scene. For me working with color is more searching for 2 layers, it's the emotional and the environment one..
sometimes the colors give me a kind of smell to the pictures...

I like to work in a way that i will choose before if i will make the pictures in B&W or color.

Last edited:

Terry

I like these in color. My favorite is the second one of the locker with the cards. I like the angle you chose a lot. Enjoy your new camera!