The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some V-Lux-1 Pictures

M

Mitch Alland

The Leica V-Lux-1/Panasonic FZ50 doesn't hasn't had much discussion. I bought one when someone on the LUF offered me his at a very good price; and I was attracted the idea of a maximum 420mm EFL with the depth of field of a 90mm lens. Although I haven't used it much I find it to be a very capable camera with quite accurate white balance for colour shots in daylight and tungsten and mixed light as well.

I took it with me on my recent trip to Namibia because I expected to spend a three-day weekend at a game park, which unfortunately wasn't to be, which means that I was able to take very few pictures in Namibia. Here are a few V-Lux-1 shots that I've printed:

Namibia

Washington, DC

Sydney

Bangkok

As I rarely shoot at heavy telephoto range — the Sydney shot is the only one I shot at 420mm EFL — I'm most likely will sell this camera when I go to Paris in April,

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

kai.e.g.

I do love that Sydney shot - very evocative; it reminds me of trudging off to work in the early morning hours, many years ago (its impossible to take such a magnificent harbour for granted).

cam

i might be interested in buying it if i have any money left. it was the camera i was originally looking at when all your posts turned me on to the GRD. talk about night and day! while i owe you gratitude forever for the GRD, i still need a zoom now and again... before you put it up, let me know.

S

Sun

The last image looks like B&W HDR.. she has an interesting black halo.