The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to attach Contax 645 hand strap?

tom in mpls

I'm at a loss to figure out how to attach the Contax hand strap to the 645 body. I can attach the top to the right side rivet, but I cannot find a threaded hole to accept the bottom screw. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's been too long since I've owned one to remember exactly --- sorry. I recall a plate that held the strap with a screw that mounted to the bottom of the grip...

D

DougDolde

If I remember correctly the hand strap only works in conjunction with with the MP-1 Battery Holder. The camera body itself has no lower attach point.

D

DougDolde

You can pick up an MP-1 on Ebay for $400-500. They are getting pretty rare.

David K

Workshop Member
The good news is that the MP-1 is a worthwhile accessory. The Contax 645 has a well deserved reputation as a battery eater although it is better with digital than film. Hey... you've already got the hand strap :)

gogopix

Subscriber
yes the Contax used to be battery eaters with film.
i notice more (100-150 more) shots with a DB (no winding) and of course, AF is a big drain. All in all I get over 500 shots per battery and have switched to newer lithiums.