The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

14 2.0 Zuiko

clay stewart

Where is it? I can't seem to find one anywhere:cussing: Hows about paying a little homage to people like Winogrand.

What a wonderful little combination a compact 14 2.0 or even 2.8 would be on the E410, for street shooting.
Seems rather odd to me that none of the camera makers have come up with a small 28 mm equiv. prime, since these crop bodies have been around since at least the turn of the century. Perhaps, it's an impossible task.

I know there is the 5D and a 28 mm, been there done that - too big and heavy. Leica and a 21, but I can't justify the cost, besides, it pisses me off they won't put live view on it.

Anyway, I have a bright shining new quarter, for the first camera maker that comes up with a 28 mm equiv. prime for a crop body. And Nikon it has to auto focus with the body- no cheating. Leica, I'll give the quarter to you if you just add live view to the M8.:D

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Pentax has put a 15mm Limited on their roadmap. That's quite a bit wider, and no info about aperture yet, but one can always hope. Makes it even more tempting to buy a Pentax body.

Olympus for zooms and Pentax for primes? I think I can live with that.

clay stewart

Pentax has put a 15mm Limited on their roadmap. That's quite a bit wider, and no info about aperture yet, but one can always hope. Makes it even more tempting to buy a Pentax body.

Olympus for zooms and Pentax for primes? I think I can live with that.
Yeah, Jorgen, Canon has a 15 also, but there is still a difference between 23 or 24 mm and 28 mm. Facial distortions become quite a bit more apparent to me on a 24 mm, vs a 28 mm.

Brian Mosley

The 14-42mm kit lens is pretty compact... I think it's underrated, and with the E-3 sensor in the E-420 should be pretty darned good for street shooting.

Kind Regards

Brian

clay stewart

The 14-42mm kit lens is pretty compact... I think it's underrated, and with the E-3 sensor in the E-420 should be pretty darned good for street shooting.

Kind Regards

Brian
Hi Brian. Yeah, I've come really close to getting that lens, just for it's small size, but something that was a half inch to an inch shorter, would fit in a jacket pocket better and a stop or two faster would be nice as well and and and, I really don't much care for zooms, to be honest, specially 3.5-5.6 ones. By the way where did you hear of a E420?

Brian Mosley

Hi Clay, I too would prefer a compact (pancake?) fast prime... but just pointing out the obvious - Olympus have put a huge amount of effort into their zoom lenses - and the 14-42mm is amazing value!

I made up the E-420, and I have no idea whether it will be announced within the next couple of months... but I can hope! lol

Kind Regards

Brian

clay stewart

Hi Clay, I too would prefer a compact (pancake?) fast prime... but just pointing out the obvious - Olympus have put a huge amount of effort into their zoom lenses - and the 14-42mm is amazing value!

I made up the E-420, and I have no idea whether it will be announced within the next couple of months... but I can hope! lol

Kind Regards

Brian
Well, I hope they move the camera strap lug on the E420. I went to the store to buy a E410 the other day and after holding it for several minutes, I found that the lug and strap holder ring, is right where you grip the camera. Funny thing is that I haven't really seen anyone else complain about that. I just couldn't get used to it and ended up leaving without the camera.