The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Springtime, New Love, A900 & Zeiss 135 f1.8

jonoslack

Well, let's deal with the important thing first . . . . .
Carlos arrived a week ago - he and Honey seem to have become pretty good friends:

the first two were shot at f4, the last at f3.2

jonoslack

Some chickens and crops :)
f6.3

and 100% crop

and 100% crop

and 100% crop

Oops, the middle one isn't a chicken . . . it's Scott.

Here's Emma's old bike:

The point really is that I can't ever remember being enamored of a 135mm lens, but I think this is a real beauty. It's worth mentioning that there has been no sharpening on the crops.
All processed in Aperture. Monochromes converted with Silver efex pro.

Quentin_Bargate

Ahh, Jono, so you use Silver Efex Pro too? Good, is it not?

That lens looks a cracker. Would be interesting to pitch it against the 85mm or 135 STF. My guess is they are all excellent.

cheers

Quentin

dhsimmonds

Jono, as usual some cracking demo shots of what the Zeiss 135/Jono combo can produce>:D

We will all be stony broke if you go on like this.:talk028:

Knorp

Really love this shot, I think it's wonderful ! I take it Jono that there's a bit of you and a bit of Vivenza ?
And that 135 lens seems to be an excellent match to the A900.
Can't wait for the R10 ...

BTW - I'll bet that bike is a Raleigh :toocool:

All the best.

jonoslack

Ahh, Jono, so you use Silver Efex Pro too? Good, is it not?

That lens looks a cracker. Would be interesting to pitch it against the 85mm or 135 STF. My guess is they are all excellent.

cheers

Quentin
HI Quentin
It's obviously time for another pint - we could at least do some Zeiss/STF comparisons . . . but time . . . :(

Silver Efex is great - I seem to be using it for all my black and white stuff at the moment.

jonoslack

Really love this shot, I think it's wonderful ! I take it Jono that there's a bit of you and a bit of Vivenza ?
And that 135 lens seems to be an excellent match to the A900.
Can't wait for the R10 ...

BTW - I'll bet that bike is a Raleigh :toocool:

All the best.
Hi Bart
Actually, that shot - just a very slight touch of shadow enhancement in Aperture, and that was it . . . . The a900 is very good for that kind of lighting. . . . .as for the R10:rolleyes:

The bike . . . I'll have to check, but now it's dark!

jonoslack

Hi Helen
What a BEAUTIFUL 'Carlos & Honey'..... A Charming pair

the A900 & 135 is Magic :)
Well, it's early days, and he's beginning to get a little more forceful . . he's not that keen on traffic either, but on the other hand, he's sweet and very responsive . . . . and my butt is getting better every day!

You realise, it's taken Emma 25 years to get me on a horse, now we're going out every other day.
:confused:

G

Goldencode

Jono
Please post some more Equine images...I really like the B/W !
And, your still killin' me with the CZ 135 ! Must resist buying, must be strong;)

Tom