The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Curious happening...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Normally, with the a900 turned on, pressing the shutter release partly brings up the settings display on the rear LCD. Alternatively, you can press the Fn button.

Somehow I managed to turn off this feature, so pressing the shutter release would NOT light up the settings display, only the Fn button would do that. The camera worked perfectly well in all other respects.

I actually read the instruction booklet to find out how to restore this feature but could find no solution. In the end I simply reset the entire camera to factory defaults and, lo, the settings display once again responds to partial pressure on the shutter release.

But I'm curious as to how I turned it off, or how I could turn it on again if I screw up once more - using the factory default reset is a pain because then I have to go and remake all my personal settings.

Anybody know? (Possibly everybody knows and I'm just a tad,shall we say, slow?)

Bill

edwardkaraa

Bill, Just push the display button. Every time you push it, you get full display, minimal display, and display off.