The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The deal was made on a dark and stormy day in Texas

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I've just added another Analog Camera, LeicaFlex SL2 Jarre with 50mm Summicron. I've been getting some R glass for my FF Canons and decided a wanted a film camera also for them (naturally a Leica). I decided the Leicaflex body with its pure Wetzlar heritage was the way to go. I ask a friend who I knew had one which one he had and what he thought about it.

I shortly got a phone call from him, wanting to know if I had a rifle I would trade for it. He's wanting to take up rifle shooting at a gun club he's joined (if I can just interesting him in trap and skeet I'll bankrupt him). I picked out a nice rifle which I never shoot and had been a project gun years ago.

He loved the pictures of it. So Sunday, we meet for some No Teeth Barbeque and do the swap.

Pictures and fotos to follow. :thumbs: A good days work with flooding and tornados all round yesterday.

LJL

Nice work, John. I should start considering the same sorts of trades....guns for good glass or bodies. I just would like to avoid any more of those dark and stormy nights like last night for a while. Where I am, just west of Houston, we managed to get 10-13" of rain between midnight and 6 o'clock this morning. That may be rivaling the highest rainfalls associated with hurricanes and tropical storms. Toss in a tornado or two, and it is starting to feel like prime hurricane season, but we are still several weeks away from that.

Looking forward to the pics of the LeicaFlex.

LJ

fotografz

Oh Yummy. Lucky you.

hunt down the macro from around the same era ... it had a resolving power second to none.

Scott G

Pics coming...

Rifle = tricked out stainless steel Mini-14.

Cool Mini-14, you can't get away with folding stocks like that in the People's Republic of Merryland.

I have a bunch of AR's from my former competition days, it never occurred to me that I could convert them into cameras!

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I just converted one of my old competition Bushmasters in cash for a Leica APO 180/3.4 2 Cam E60. It had been a safe queen for the last 7 years.

As for folding stocks, Texas lets you shot what you have and keep it. The tradee just loved the stock. He's a retired transplant from L.A.