The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LFI

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Congratulations Doug.

Makes one wonder what took them so long.

I too look forward to reading it in print.

Bob Moore

robsteve

Subscriber
Doug, that looks great. After about four or five offers for a free subscription to LFI, I should probably fill out the forms and give it a try.

BTW, in the German edition do they call you Herr Herr:)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
This makes me believe that the Leica folks actually listen to you, which is good news :thumbup:

F

Flavio

Hi Doug,
let me add my voice to the congratulations!
Hope they will give you more space in the future.

Flavio

robsteve

Subscriber
I think Doug should be signed up as a R10 beta tester so Leica can have some sharp and in focus sample pictures to post on their web site and use for the Photokina booth. When the DMR came out the sample pictures they had on the Leica site were shot hand held and were not even sharp.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Robert, that's an excellent idea. I know that Doug works well with the "old school" tele lenses he uses. But if they were to have him test the R10, it wouldn't hurt to have Leica send him any new tele lenses they might be planning for a test, or at a minimum, part of the newer module system. :)

Kurt

PeterA

I am very upset that the 280 is featured next to Doug's article and worse still - mentioned! I was hoping to pick one up for a decent price..:angry::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Bravo Doug - I have always been an admirer of your work - in many ways 'legitimising' the Leica non auto focus tele lenses and not to mention the DMR.

Looking forward to your book!

doug

I think Doug should be signed up as a R10 beta tester so Leica can have some sharp and in focus sample pictures to post on their web site and use for the Photokina booth
While they're at it they can send me to Alaska for the summer :grin: the biggest problem would be keeping my big mouth shut.

PeterA, my first book is on blurb.com, read about it at http://wildlightphoto.com/book.html

Thanks all for the responses.

woodyspedden

Hey Birdman

Congratulations to LFI for finding A Leica shooter that shows what can be done with this equipment. As always it is the shooter and not the equipment that gets the job done but when the shooter couples with the best equipment you have shown what is possible. It sets the bar for the rest of us

Best

Woody