The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Should I buy an M7 tomorrow?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Ok, all you Leica enablers. I have the funds and the desire. Should I get what maybe the last of the film bodies Leica will ever make?

Or just piss all that money off on a bank CD and single malt to drown my regrets in?

I could get some single malt to celebrate with making either outcome a win-win.:thumbs:

Terry

How much do you want to stick with film. How many other bodies do you have? Can you see yourself parting with one or more?

wjlapier

When I'm ready I want a alacarte MP.

If you got the extra funds, have fun shooting film.

But Brad's M7 Titanium looks very nice.

johnastovall

How much do you want to stick with film. How many other bodies do you have? Can you see yourself parting with one or more?
I find my self going back to film more and more.

You would ask about film bodies, M3, M4, IIIF (black), IIIG, Leicaflex SL2.

jonoslack

Absolutely John
go for it.
I can get vicarious pleasure out of it. I wanted one, but realised that I simply don't have time to integrate another workflow.

Enjoy!

johnastovall

I got it. Tony Rose is a happy man.....

I need some Lagavulin now to celebrate with. But alas the nearest Lagavulin is a 100 miles away. :cry:

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Ok, all you Leica enablers. I have the funds and the desire. Should I get what maybe the last of the film bodies Leica will ever make?

Or just piss all that money off on a bank CD and single malt to drown my regrets in?

I could get some single malt to celebrate with making either outcome a win-win.:thumbs:
If you really have the funds why not buy both an M7 and then drink to your own success with a bottle of your favorite single malt? Languvulin?

I will do the same (actually I already have both an M7 and an M8 but will drink to my success with a bottle of Hendricks.

Woody

johnastovall

Very bad news, They went to process the order and it had sold Saturday on eBay...

Dirty Words....

johnastovall

Tony Rose and I have been on the phone. I've got a more cosmetically used looking M7 but with the same warrant and even better the viewfinder has been upgraded to the MP and the DX reader is optical. The early one was the old fingers style and would have had a trip to Solms.

Oh, this one saved me about 300 so more Lagavulin or Hendricks. :thumbs:

It is good day...

N

nei1

Originally Posted by TEBnewyork

jonoslack

go for it.
I can get vicarious pleasure out of it. I wanted one, but realised that I simply don't have time to integrate another workflow.??

What you two dont realise is that youve been digitized and that your view of the world that was once peculiar to the matrix is not normal.You must try and remember how it was beyond the green and white numbers,Neo is eager to help:D:thumbs:

Congratulations John,Im very jealous;looks like Im going to have to go and see Ms Heinmann on my own.

jonoslack

jonoslack

go for it.
I can get vicarious pleasure out of it. I wanted one, but realised that I simply don't have time to integrate another workflow.??
What you two dont realise is that youve been digitized and that your view of the world that was once peculiar to the matrix is not normal.You must try and remember how it was beyond the green and white numbers,Neo is eager to help:D:thumbs:
No No - I haven't been digitised, only my cameras . . . actually, come to think of it I seem to be typing on some digital device. You could be right.
:eek:

N

nei1

Im still using my original steamputer which uses a language based on twelve and means I have to employ 13 maidens to press the keys and service the machinery.

jonoslack

Im still using my original steamputer which uses a language based on twelve and means I have to employ 13 maidens to press the keys and service the machinery.
I'm disappointed with you Neil . . if you have 13 maidens at hand, what in hell's namel are you doing having them fiddling about with your computer :banghead:

johnastovall

Oh, a duodecimal steam machine, is it a Chepang "Clear Light" which burns gee for the steam or an early Middle earth Elvish "Silver Branch"? These are the only people I can think of who use duodecimal systems.

Last edited:
N

nei1

I only need twelve to operate the steamputer thus I always have a fresh maiden to make me tea and loosen the joints,its an analogue dozen,distant cousin of the bakers dozen,this one being far more steamy.

N

nei1

John have you never heard of the British,crazier than either of the 2 very respectable races you mention.You only had to meet a pre-decimal bus conductor to realise the true insanity of us Brits.;):D