The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Here you go 2-3-8 bodies and lenses

gsking

Um, shouldn't this be "2-3-3"? The only "8" here is in the second digit...an entry level camera, as opposed to a high level "A800" body?

Nothing I'd say many on this forum will be much interested in. ;)
Greg

DavidL

Um, shouldn't this be "2-3-3"? The only "8" here is in the second digit...an entry level camera, as opposed to a high level "A800" body?

Nothing I'd say many on this forum will be much interested in. ;)
Greg
Your right but I was just going on the "Here we go 2-3-4" saying and choose 8.
You never know it might have been a moment of lucidity or perhaps wishful thinking and an A800 is around the corner. Full frame with 16mp is what I'd like, lower noise etc.
David

edwardkaraa

These 3 new entry level cameras may be more important than you think. This is where all manufacturers make their money. These cameras will mean more beginners switching from P&S to Dslr, more buyers means more money, and more money means more incentives for Sony to stay in this business and develop it further. So practically for us, this means a better A900 upgrade, and more Zeiss lenses :D

gsking

Your right but I was just going on the "Here we go 2-3-4" saying and choose 8.
You never know it might have been a moment of lucidity or perhaps wishful thinking and an A800 is around the corner. Full frame with 16mp is what I'd like, lower noise etc.
David
Oops, missed that one. :)

I agree...16mp full frame would be awesome. But then I'd never use my Mamiya stuff again. ;)

Sadly, it won't probably be much cheaper...so I'd probably have to sell the MF stuff to afford it.

Greg

These 3 new entry level cameras may be more important than you think. This is where all manufacturers make their money. These cameras will mean more beginners switching from P&S to Dslr, more buyers means more money, and more money means more incentives for Sony to stay in this business and develop it further. So practically for us, this means a better A900 upgrade, and more Zeiss lenses :D
True that. Keeping Sony in the game is critical. For all intents and purposes, I don't see any A700 complainers, and most of the A900 owners are probably set (begrudgingly or otherwise) for another year or two. The ones who have enough money to buy an A950 today probably already carry dual systems to cover any shortcomings they find in the A900.

Greg