The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS or FT: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180

PSon

FS: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180
Condition: Mint
Price: $4500.00 obo

I will consider a trade for the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH 2.8/35-70 plus cash on my end.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
Son:

I was reading Erwin Puts book the other night and I may have misunderstood what he was writing, but it sounded like the 180mm APO Summicron has a bigger image circle than the rest of the Leica lenses. Would this have any significance when using it on altenaltive systems, such as a larger format digital?

fotografz

Non ROM version Son?

Can ROM be Added by Leica?

I ask because it's highly likely that ROM will be needed for the R10.

PSon

Son:

I was reading Erwin Puts book the other night and I may have misunderstood what he was writing, but it sounded like the 180mm APO Summicron has a bigger image circle than the rest of the Leica lenses. Would this have any significance when using it on altenaltive systems, such as a larger format digital?
Ok I am back and sleeping has not been to good so excuse my clarity.

Robert,
The Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180 is not the first 35 mm format lens with a bigger image circle than it intended for such as the Contax Carl Zeiss S-Planar T* 4.0/100. These lens are extremely sharp due the recording medium do not cover the edges. However, to put these lens on the larger format such as the medium format camera, the lens will interfere with the mirror mechanism. Thus, we will not be able to squiz all of the image circle out. However, if what Guy saying is true with the R10 being potentially larger than full frame this lens could show us something that other lens may not particularly at the edges. For example, I am developing a system where I can put the S-Planar 4.0/100 on the Contax 645 and at the ratio of 1:4 there is nothing like it.
Son

PSon

Non ROM version Son?

I have 2 of these lens one with ROM and one without ROM but both are in perfect condition like new and why do I know this because I bought 5 of these brand new before but I returned them since they all look like these two lens I have. The reason for these new lens just look mint is due to the fact that they were hand made and in small quantity.

I am willing to put the ROM in from Leica if the buyer is interested and I am also willing to take best offer. If you get the lens and you do not like it just send it back and you get full refund but I can tell you that to get these lens in these two condition is not as easy.

I am selling one and keeping one for the R10.

robsteve

Subscriber
Non ROM version Son?

I just had ROM installed on my 180mm APO Summicron by Kindemann. I decided to get it and my 400mm f2.8 converted to ROM in anticipation of the R10.

Robert

PSon

Ok the sale is for the ROM like new Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180 ROM with all the box. If you own the 1Ds Mark III, you should really consider this lens; it is the Guy Mancuso favorite Leica R lens.