The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider C-Curtagon on A900. What the??

douglasf13

I had read very positive things about the Schneider-Kreuznach C-Curtagon 35mm 2.8 lens in m42 mount, so I decided to order one for the A900 on a whim, and it arrived today. Although the mfd kind of stinks, this lens is known to be very sharp, with little CA, and very compact....however, I had NO idea how small this thing really was. Check it out:

sorry about the bad iphone pic, I should have used uniWB :ROTFL:...

What a riot! I won't be able to test it until next month, but I couldn't resist showing ya'll the size of this thing. The filter size looks to only be around 35mm. :LOL:

Last edited:

douglasf13

You know what they say about big lenses cases.....:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Seriously, though, this little guy is supposedly top flight in IQ, and it's all metal with a smooth focus ring. This may be obvious, but I can already tell that vignetting is a problem without stopping down a stop or two. I got it as a small landscape lens alternative, anyway, so that doesn't bother me. The pics that I'd seen of this lens prior to purchase were without scale, so I figured that it was around the same size as a 50mm or something. Wow, I was way off. I would take it to Hawaii with me on Tuesday, but I don't have caps or a hood for it yet. I guess I could probably use a coke bottle cap :) :bugeyes:

robmac

Two black PVC pipe end caps (say 1.5-2" dia in this case) from local hardware store ($1 per), couple rubber bands and cap-wise your in business. If far too wide, some self-adhesive weather-stripping foam around inner rim of caps for a snug fit. Make great emergency end-caps...

That said, it WILL look like a small 'for effect only' pipe bomb to airport security.. ;> Look fwd to hearing further about it.