The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

first shots wih new a900 and worst ca ever seen

ryc

Well,

I need to figure this guy out. but here is a first shotwith new a900 and zeiss 85. This is the worst CA I have ever seen.

monza

It's pretty overexposed, as well, that may have something to do with it? Is that a JPG or from RAW, if so which converter?

SeattleDucks

DxO and C1 Pro have both done a superb job for me at automatically removing virtually all traces of CA in A900 files taken with a variety of lenses.

Cheers,
Ross

Eoin

Jorge, give it time, 12 hours and an over exposed shot really don't do justice to your ability or the cameras capability.

edwardkaraa

Jorge, give it time, 12 hours and an over exposed shot really don't do justice to your ability or the cameras capability.
+1

At 25mp, any hint of CA as viewed at 100% will look much worse than say the same photo at 12-14mp.

picman

Moreover I fail to understand the importance that is put on this. Isn't the quality of a lens often a matter of trade-off, you gain something in one area at the expense of loosing something in another area? CA is easily and automatically correctable in PP. So I prefer to have some loss in that area if this means gains in another area such as for instance the speed of the lens. I do not know if this is a correct trade-off pair to consider maybe others can correct me here. I guess basically what I want to say is that to me this is not a problem with any of the lenses I have, all of which show some CA on occasion, simply because it is perfectly solvable.

Cheers, Bob.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Reading it in PS your really blown out to start with. You don't get under 255 until your almost at the center of the bud. About a stop over

S

Shelby Lewis

Yeah... I agree with what has already been posted... and this purple fringing is called birefringence, not really CA (in the traditional sense as we normally use it... ie lateral/longitudinal color shifts at the pixel level).

This purple fringing almost always is MUCH worse on high contrast edges where one "edge" is blown badly. Fix the exposure (in camera) and this should basically disappear.

When I was shooting canon, the 35/1.4 was the same way... incredible most the time, but if I shot it in a situation where there was heavy, blown back lighting... the birefringence was, let's just say, "Vivid".

jonoslack

here is one a little better :)
HI Jorge
Looks okay to me (although, of course, I cannot peep the pixels).

I'm with the others on the over-exposure. I do also think it's worth mentioning that the 85 f1.4, lovely though it obviously is, is known to be a little prone to fringing. Still, it should only really show in high contrast areas with some over-exposure.

ryc

I was shooting those roses wide open just running around the yard snapping away. I can see the exposure is way off.

here is an indoor shot of nothing. But you know how it goes, first time with a new lens means first pictures are usually of anything.