The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Paris ..Next Week!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Next week Carolyn and I wiil start 10 days of street shooting in Paris. We stay a small apartment in the Marais neighborhood from 6/8-6/18. We shoot everyday as long as the feet hold out . We did this last June and each had about 2000 images each. Of course I am still editing and Carolyn has a coffee table book .

We are only a few blocks from the river right below the Hotel de Ville.

On Thursday June 11 th at 7am ...I am going to meet up with Kurt Kamka on the bridge between the two islands (Cite and Saint-Louis). Only one bridge about as famous as it gets . At 7am we will be the two guys with M8s. If anyone wants to meet up we will probably walk a bit and then stop for breakfast/coffee.

If you will be in Paris and this doesn t work for you send me a PM and maybe we can meet somewhere.

I believe I know most of the city destinations . I think we did almost every walk in the eyewitness travel guide (and thats not easy). if you know of any events etc that I should plan in please let me know.

Roger Dunham

Photo is from my friends apartment

cam

to say i am NOT a morning person is an understatement! (actually, i don't mind getting up as i love that hour -- it's human interaction i can't tolerate) ...if you see a bleary-eyed woman, stumbling around with an M8 (most likely on the wrong bridge), please inject expresso directly into her veins.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Yes it might be a little early for me as well. The 6 hour time change makes it 1am atlanta time.

The bridge is very easy to find..only one runs between the 2 islands and its short.

This is a great time to shoot but ..the sunrise is actually before 6am and sunset is close to 10pm. I try to sleep in the middle of the day but thats tough with the time changes.

Hope to see you on the bridge thursday.

Hey Roger,

I hope you and Carolyn are having a great time. Paris is a great city. The only problem is there is so much to photograph it is exhausting to do it all in few days.

Mark

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Mark

You are right about too much to shoot. Its dawn to dusk this time of year. Sunrise is before 5 30am and sunset is around 9 45pm. Carolyn has a new D90 ,the 16-85VR zoom and the new 35/1.8. She is killing me with her range. She shoots at night with a variable ISO up to 3200 and the 35/1.8 is a killer lens. I have been working with the 21/1.4apo ....a special lens. Bt she has 2-3 stops on me .

Roger

Roger,

Its good to hear Carolyn is pushing you. We learned she has a good eye for composition on the Germany trip. I bet she comes away with another awesome photo book. Also, I agree with you about the 21/1.4, it is special. Christian loaned me one for a day at the Memphis LHSA shoot and I didn't want to give it back.

Mark