The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Polaroid’s Quirky Films

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"Lost in the recent discussion of the Polaroid SX-70 — its artistic legacy and the attempts to revive it — is the fact that Polaroid once made two large-format, positive-negative films. Type 55 was single sheet, Polaroid 665 was a 10-sheet pack. After developing, the film needed to be rinsed in sodium sulfite, washed in water and hung up to dry. You could tell Polaroid shooters because they always toted their trusty white buckets..."

Full Story

carstenw

On this topic, I just picked up a Polaroid back for my Contax 645, and am wondering what some good films are to try out. I think that I can find Fuji FP100-C, but are there others, like B&W or other brands?