The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

some odd dl3 output

nostatic

I was snapping away at the park today and got some weird results. One is green cast, the other two are offset/sliced. Anyone seen this before? I seem to recall seeing the color cast with my D70 in the past. I was shooting very quickly autofocus so maybe that is the issue. I also have been having trouble with Aperture 2 crashing. I added ram and now the app seems unstable. Always something...

nostatic

I didn't look at them on the LCD. I pulled them into Aperture and saw it there. I had Aperture delete the photos on the camera so I couldn't check. What is odd is that in Aperture for another photo the preview is messed up but the full size image looks fine (not one of these three though...they all are equally screwed up in full view).

I did drop the camera a few weeks ago and it has some dents. But I've been using it without incident so far. Of course this happens the same week my Nikon developed the "hot pixel" and accompanying red line, and I'm supposed to fly to HK for a week next Friday.

I had the same thing happen with a Olympus I use to own when shooting it fast. It was an electronic problem and was corrupting the file when writing to the card. If it persists I think you'll have to send it in for service.

Tim

nostatic

I haven't been able to replicate, and I was having trouble with Aperture at the time so that might be the culprit as well. I have one preview that looks bad but the master file looks fine. I upgraded ram and turns out it was bad - made Aperture, mail, and firefox all unstable. Took the ram out and all is better.

Aperture is miserable slow on raw file import from camera or card though. I finally gave up and tried Image Capture. That was darn quick, then imported into Aperture from the HD. Way quicker...