The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CZ 16 80

J

Jamesmd

Hi all , is this lens ok ? As it's small and light , and I have fast lenses allready , I think it's a good option for travel .

Is it ok for A900 FF or is it thought for A700 ...?

Thanks , would apteciate your opinion if you have one.

Cheers

James

Eoin

It will work but the a900 will use only part of the sensor to record the image. In other words the a900 operates as a a700

J

Jamesmd

Hi sir , uff , new system new world , 1000 questions .
Do you have it ? did you like it ?

Cheers
James

J

Jamesmd

Eduard , just looking for a light flexible combination for some situations ,

I just remembered I have a dinax 7000i somewhere , those would be ok , no ?and of course FF .

James

Mark K

James
It is lens better on A700 and is a good all around lens. I have it on A700 as a standard zoom lens. If you have not had any dSLR then A700 with this lens is a good start.

L

Luc_R

Also, Jono has been digging his little Sony 24-105, I believe, so you may want to contact him.
Better option than the CZ 16-80 is indeed the Sal 24-105. A little vignetting occurrences sometimes and not so sharp on the corners, but still a bargain for the A900.

A example :

Exif included.

S

Spyder

Very nice lens on the A700, sharp and pleasant contrast/colors. Not a premium, but better than average.