The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 on Kauai (lots of pics)

douglasf13

My wedding activities are officially over, so I finally managed to start sorting through some of my pics from our honeymoon in Kauai. These are all A900 (with only ZA 85 and 24-70, i think) minimally adjusted in C1 with some PS dust removal and output sharpening.

Last edited:

douglasf13

The first little guy landed RIGHT in front of me when I had the camera hanging from my neck, so I shot three shots from the hip, and managed one pretty sharp one :)

Long exposure on beach:

this is is a little blue, but I decided to stay with the camera's daylight WB for now

Last edited:

douglasf13

and finally, a couple of quick candid pics of me and my new wife :)

Our waiter should have used spot metering and uniWB :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Dale Allyn

Great photos, all, Douglas. Thanks for sharing them. I especially like the 1st, 2nd and 8th, and of course it's good to see you and your wife as well! :)

douglasf13

Thanks Dale. It was tough coming back after that trip, because Kauai is so beautiful and peaceful. I didn't really get to shoot all that much, because it was, ya know, my honeymoon and all. :thumbup: I've got to take a more photo-oriented trip there sometime.

Dale Allyn

Yes, honeymoons are... not usually "photo oriented trips". ;) Hopefully, there will many more trips together, some of which lean towards photography. That said, you've still provided us a nice taste of the island.

Kauai is one I've not yet visited. Your images and others always suggest to me that I'm missing an opportunity there, even with the rain. Rain means clouds and mist and fog and... :)

Congratulations on your nuptials.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
What a nice place, and couple you two are! :) Congratulations Douglas! May the gentle warm breeze and sweet air of Kauai always be in your memories.

I find the black swan? shot something special!

dhsimmonds

Congratulations Douglas, your pictures show you to be a lovely couple and I wish you every happiness for your future life together.

Your shots of Kauai are great too............looks a really nice place.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The last two of the set are my favorites, but they are all really nice. I enjoyed meeting you and your new wife, too. I wish you many happy years together.

Eoin

Looks a beautiful part of the world to share a new beginning in life together. Congratulations to you both and I like the 2nd & 4th images the most.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You can say that again Carsten, it's never over. LOL

Forget the images although very good more important congrats on the new wife and the very best to you. Your buying gear day's are over though, sorry. LOL

douglasf13

You can say that again Carsten, it's never over. LOL

Forget the images although very good more important congrats on the new wife and the very best to you. Your buying gear day's are over though, sorry. LOL
Ha! Thanks. Fortunately, my gear buying itch has subdued quite a bit with the A900, as it really is a near perfect camera for my uses. It's a lot like my guitar buying. I've been a guitarist in Los Angeles for 10 years, and, at one point, I had 15 (mostly Gibson) electric guitars, because I was convinced that I needed each for a different sound. I've since paired it down to a couple, and it's really a liberating feeling that I think has led to me being a better player. Granted, I still wouldn't mind replacing the digital back for my Hassie Vs that I sold last year for a newer one. Ah, the struggle of being a gear slut. :D

As far as marriage is concerned, I couldn't be happier, and we are excited about the future. Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments :)

-d

kuau

Workshop Member
Douglas, congrats on the marriage and the photos are spectacular. I lived on Maui for 19 years and none of my photos are as nice as yours..

Steven