The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Francisco Pride Parade A900

Terry

Right outside my door is the staging area for the parade. The theme this year is: "In Order to Form a More Perfect Union...". All shot with the A900 and 24-105 lens (very useful range). Extreme midday lighting (just snaps no PP)!!!!

OK, lets get the party started :

Lot's of corporate/non profit sponsorship:

And some Vegans:

Pink Parasols do wonders for skin tones:

OK call me naive and I've seen this parade before but I still don't get these guys....

Add a little burst of color

And finally the loving family

Now off to the market to buy the cleaning supplies I was meant to be using to tidy up my apartment.....

D

ddk

I don't know why but looking at this pict the old Married With Children theme song pops up in my head, maybe its the irony of it all.

I wonder if this is what they always had in mind when they wrote it...

http://www.box.net/shared/c2ordp2ltp

Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
This I tell ya brother, you can't have one without the other.

It's an institute you can't disparage,
Ask the local gentry, and they will say is element'ry.

Try, try, try to separate them,
It's an illusion.
Try, try, try and you will only come
to this conclusion.

Dad was told by mother
You can't have one
You can't have none
You can't have one without the other.

OK call me naive and I've seen this parade before but I still don't get these guys....

PS. The images look great!

Last edited:

Godfrey

A grand set of photos, Terry! Nicely done!

I was there early this morning, doing my usual of the past year or three: not shooting the Pride parade itself, but shooting the goings on as the parade folks begin to gather. I walked the length of the parade route from the Ferry Terminal to Civic Center, talking with people and shooting scenes to capture the quiet before the festivities. I was home with my partner by nine, made brunch with him and another friend to watch the festivities on the telly.

I'll post a selection of my photos in another thread soon. :)

Terry

Wonderful Terry - I really enjoyed that.
that little lens is great isn't it.
Thanks Helen, Charles, Jono and Joan. San Francisco is fun :p town.

Jono, thank you for the tip on that lens. It is the perfect range, does a great job and makes the camera SOOOOOO much smaller :clap:.

Joan, that color is straight from the camera shot RAW (seems like a vivid jpeg setting :LOL:). The Sony just delivers the most amazing color.

Last edited:

Terry

I don't know why but looking at this pict the old Married With Children theme song pops up in my head, maybe its the irony of it all.

I wonder if this is what they always had in mind when they wrote it...

http://www.box.net/shared/c2ordp2ltp

This I tell ya brother, you can't have one without the other.

It's an institute you can't disparage,
Ask the local gentry, and they will say is element'ry.

Try, try, try to separate them,
It's an illusion.
Try, try, try and you will only come
to this conclusion.

Dad was told by mother
You can't have one
You can't have none
You can't have one without the other.

PS. The images look great!
Thanks David. That is great. Since the posts were limited to 10 shots here is one that made the cutting room floor. I saw this guy for more than an hour. I would have choked after about 2 minutes.....

Terry

A grand set of photos, Terry! Nicely done!

I was there early this morning, doing my usual of the past year or three: not shooting the Pride parade itself, but shooting the goings on as the parade folks begin to gather. I walked the length of the parade route from the Ferry Terminal to Civic Center, talking with people and shooting scenes to capture the quiet before the festivities. I was home with my partner by nine, made brunch with him and another friend to watch the festivities on the telly.

I'll post a selection of my photos in another thread soon. :)
Wow, I didn't realize they lined up so early. I live on Beale which is the staging area so I walked over towards Market but never all the way to the parade. Next year I will have to go out earlier.

Looking forward to seeing a different perspective when you post!

Glorious day in the city!

LoSenior

Terry,
Thanks for sharing some great and colorful photos.
Can you share with us some of your impressions about the A900.

Thanks, Jerry

D

ddk

Thanks David. That is great. Since the posts were limited to 10 shots here is one that made the cutting room floor. I saw this guy for more than an hour. I would have choked after about 2 minutes.....

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: Really, thanks for the entertainment Terry!

Godfrey

Wow, I didn't realize they lined up so early. I live on Beale which is the staging area so I walked over towards Market but never all the way to the parade. Next year I will have to go out earlier.

Looking forward to seeing a different perspective when you post!
They were just getting organized at 7:30-8:30, only a few of the paraders were around. The press, tv and police were getting set up.

My photos are a more meditative expression. I've been rendering them and have not yet decided whether to run monochrome or color with this set.

I probably passed under your window as I walked up and down Beale several times. :)

dhsimmonds

Some nice shots there Terry and I can see that that this lens is great for street photography. The A900 colours really shine with your shots too.