The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thread on DPR re EOL of A700 in Japan

douglasf13

If anything, it's probably good news, since there will surely be new DSLRs announced soon. That excites me, since Sony usually announces new lenses in conjunction with new camera bodies.

M

madcat207

Given that the a700 is close to 2 years old, it is not surprising that it may be EOL soon. Not to say it is bad, but since so many reviewers and critics mark it down for not having things later cameras had (live view, focus adjustment, video), Sony cannot help but be forced to release something newer.

Terry

I was just at the sony store picking up one of their filters. The A700 is being replaced and is indeed "end of lifed".

V

Vivek

I am so looking forward to the A700 replacement. I think it would feature the first R-CMOS sensor (similar to the NMOS sensor in 4/3rds and m4/3rds).

It is definitely going to amaze in terms of low light performance and low noise characteristics when compared to the A700.

My dilemma would be either to go for the A700's successor or the D300s successor (Nikon is most likely to use the Sony R-CMOS sensor). A good dilemma to have.:)